Suggested Applications for Amomos:
- Add 1 drop to a dime size amount of a natural soap. Wet face with warm water, wash face thoroughly, rinse and pat dry. Wash your face 2-3 times a day. May also be used for acne that is all over the body.
- Amomos can be used for boils and bug bites, as well.
- Dilute 12 drops of Amomos essential oil blend into 2 ounces of witch hazel. Use it as a toner throughout the day. You can use a face wash, moisturizer, and as a spot treatment when mixed with jojoba or other low comedogenic carrier oil.
- If using for depression, inhale or diffuse.
Essential Oils included in this blend are:
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) – Lavender is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. As well as being, antimicrobial, antibacterial and anti-septic. Lavender can contribute the improvement of acne and other skin conditions.
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) – Clary Sage can help reduce excessive production of sebum and balance hormones. There are 3 natural chemical constituents contained in Clary Sage that make it an excellent option for skin:
- Alpha-terpineol. This natural component found in clary sage renders it as anti-fungal, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it also improves skin conditions to make it more capable of absorbing the beneficial ingredients in your skincare products.
- Linalyl Acetate: This component helps control and regulate sebum production, making your skin neither too dry nor too oily. It also helps calm skin irritations and relieves redness and itching.
- Caryophyllene: Delivers a powerful antioxidant boost to your skin that helps speed up rejuvenation while simultaneously neutralizing free radicals that can significantly degrade your skin cell health and quality.
Lemon (Citrus limonum) – Lemon essential oil is a powerful bactericide and has the ability to counteract acidity in the body. It is a valuable oil in skincare for its astringent properties which helps to reduce oily skin. Based on both scientific research and anecdotal accounts, lemon oil may have the following benefits when it comes to skin care:
- antibacterial – Commercial Essential Oils as Potential Antimicrobials to Treat Skin Diseases (nih.gov)
- antifungal, such as against Candida yeast. The Influence of Chemical Composition of Commercial Lemon Essential Oils on the Growth of Candida Strains (nih.gov)
- helps decrease hyperpigmentation
Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) – Tea tree oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin.
While skincare is the focus of our Amomos essential oil blend, it is suitable for use in alleviating depression and stress.
Note: The 10ml roll-on will be in a base of jojoba oil.
General Safety Information
Do not take essential oils internally nor apply undiluted essential oils, absolutes, CO2s or other concentrated essences onto the skin without advanced essential oil knowledge or consultation from a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Read, Birkat Natural’s, Guide to Diluting Essential Oils, for general dilution information. If you are currently experiencing pregnancy, epileptic, have liver damage, have cancer, have any other medical problem, or are otherwise under the care of a physician, use oils only under the proper guidance of a qualified aromatherapy practitioner. Use extreme caution when using oils with children and be sure to first read the recommended dilution ratios for children. Consult a qualified aromatherapy practitioner before using oils with children, the elderly, if you have medical issues or are taking medications. Carefully read Birkat Natural’s Essential Oil Safety Information page, before using any essential oil. For in-depth information on oil safety issues, read Essential Oil Safety by Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young.
The FDA has not evaluated the statements on this website. No claims are made by Birkat Adonai Farm, LLC as to the medicinal value of any products from Birkat Adonai Farm, LLC. The information presented here is for educating our customers about the traditional uses of essential oils and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. You are responsible for understanding the safe application of these products. If you have any questions, please call or email us for further information.